Saturday 17 September 2011

Genre choices

When choosing a genre to use for the music video I wanted to use a genre I enjoy listening to, and what I thought would be an interesting genre to film such as R&B, however I realised that because R&B just like Hip-Hop is generally not set in rural middle class are of England, which is where our video is most likely to be filmed. Not only this but finding a royalty free song, and getting permission for song proved troublesome, as the vast majority of songs that are available for us to use are from the Indie genre. After we realised this we then began to research into the Indie genre, we found websites like unsigned.com and newgrounds.com and through this searching in the Indie genre we found a variety of artists, one in particular called 28 North. I then visited their website and contacted their manager Jerry Heller by e-mail, giving him a detailed description of the course, and asking permission to use a 28 North song in a video, he has since replied saying it is a possibility. Because of this I have decided that doing a song from the Indie genre is the most realistic choice for us.   

No comments:

Post a Comment