Thursday 22 September 2011

Digipack Ideas

As the album of our song is called 'A Long Walk Home' I started thinking about what connotations that had, so I started to research into looking at pictures with long roads as I associate a long walk home to be on a long road, and also to have the band walking down the road detonates exactly what the title seems to imply. 




I found these images to be good because they connotate exactly what I see the meaning of the title to be, they are a long road where the end of which are barely visible, which implies that they are on their way home, but they have a lengthy way to go yet. I also like the use of black and white in two of the images as it gives it a more vintage, old fashioned and an almost mystical feel to it.


I like the use of the band name written on the guitar case in the corner, and i feel this would be a good style either to incorporate into the cover of the digipack, or into an inly. 


I felt this Scouting For Girls album cover is a good image to research as it is an archetype of an Indie cover, it is simplistic with a vintage feel given to it by the colours, the font and the image.


This image caught my eye because of the use of monochromatics, the black and white image leaking into colour, as well as this the hand drawn style gives it a stereotypical Indie impression. 

No comments:

Post a Comment